JL AUDIO C1 650 6.5"COMPONENT SYSTEM
About the JL Audio C1-650
Starter component speakers like no other
After an extensive tour of JL Audio HQ, I got the opportunity to talk to their engineering and development team about the current JL Audio lineup and upcoming projects. Given all the work they're doing with premium car audio, I was surprised by how excited they were for customers to hear their workhorse C1 Series — speakers designed for drivers simply looking for a sensible factory speaker replacement, not necessarily an audiophile-grade solution. The reason for that excitement, once I heard it, made perfect sense — every JL Audio speaker must uphold the quality and sound associated with the name. You may be looking for something that's just listenable, but what you'll get with the C1 Series is an audio experience that puts it at the top of its class. And then, just maybe, you'll end up being a JL Audio fan for life.
What sets C1 apart?
JL Audio designed this C1 Series C1-650 6-1/2" component speaker system to be the very best it could be for the price. You'll find solid construction and finish, along with some eye-popping flair in its striking yellow mineral-filled polypropylene woofer. That woofer delivers impactful lows and is specially designed for a natural roll-off transition to the highs handled by the tweeter. And it's the separate aluminum edge-driven tweeter that gives the C1 Series its distinctive sound, setting it apart from other speakers in its class. You'll hear crisp detail in the high frequencies, incredible imaging, and minimal distortion no matter how you power them.
Why no grilles?
Most folks have no use for aftermarket grilles, opting to use their factory grilles for a streamlined look. With that in mind, JL Audio doesn't include grilles with the C1 Series, opting instead to incorporate those savings into building an all-round better speaker.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers and 2 tweeters
- 6-1/2" injection-molded mineral-filled polypropylene woofer cone with rubber surround
- separate 3/4" aluminum edge-driven dome tweeter with in-line high pass filter
- handles up to 50 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 48-24,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box:
- 2 C1-650cw Woofers
- 2 C1-075ct Tweeters (with 6" wires attached)
- 2 Multi-application woofer mounting rings
- 2 Tweeter crossovers
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (tweeters installed)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Female quick slides
- Four 5/8" Flat head screws
- Eight 3/4" Pan head screws
- Eight 1/4" Pan head screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Two 25mm Stud bolts
- Two 10mm Stud bolts
- 2 M5 Nuts
- Owner's manual
- Woofer cutout
Armor All Glass Cleaner
STP Diesel Oil Treatment
Bergmann Typhoon Digital Heavy-Duty Metal Tyre Inflator with Auto Cut-Off & LED Light
Blaupunkt AIRPURE AP 1.0